1. Warranty system
CARLOW COATINGS LTD. provides a warranty for the product range included in our price offer.
CARLOW COATINGS LTD. warrants that the element received by them meet all the technical requirements and standards imposed.
The warranty comes into force from the date the product is collected from CARLOW COATINGS LTD. premises.
2. Subject of warranty
1. The warranty provides for coverage for adhesion of powder coating to the power manufacturers Specification.
2. Resistance of powder coating to UV radiation, discolouration and gloss loss is specified on the Specification Data Sheet supplied by powder manufacturer.
1. Any defect covered hereunder must bee notified in writing to CARLOW COATINGS LTD. by the complainant within one week from its detection.
2. A warranty complaint is preconditioned by submitting to CARLOW COATINGS LTD. a document evidencing the purchase, which will enable identification of the product (invoice).
3. CARLOW COATINGS LTD. hereby undertakes to process the complaint within 10 business days from the date of submitting the complaint.
4. Warranty validity
The warranty shall remain valid subject to fulfilment of the following conditions:
1. Aluminium constructions have been made following the rules of professional workmanship.
2. Principles regarding transportation, storage and assembly of powder-coated elements have been complied with.
3. The assembled constructions have been properly and regularly maintained with the application of suitable agents and in accordance with the provided maintenance principles.
4. In the event of mounting powder-coated constructions close to the sea coast (less than 10 km), in rural environment, in the area exposed to industrial emissions or in the place exposed to chemical substances or humidity (swimming pools, laboratories, etc.), the information about such fact has been notified to CARLOW COATINGS LTD. on placing an order in writing.
The party filing a complaint under warranty shall be responsible for providing evidence that the foregoing requirements have been met.
5. Warranty exclusions
This warranty shall not be applicable in case of:
1. Identification of mechanical damage
2. Identification of surface damage as a consequence of:
- intentional action or human error
- failure to follow the rules of processing and maintenance or the usual wear and tear of the product
- contact with chemicals
3. Occurrence of defects for reasons beyond the control of CARLOW COATINGS LTD., such as:
- natural disasters (volcano eruptions, earthquakes, floods etc.),
- warfare, civil wars, terrorist attacks, vandalism etc.,
4. Occurrence of defects due to improper use of aluminium construction
5. Unreasonable delay with conducting repairs
6. Failure of the party to the contract to meet its financial liabilities or in case of default in payment
7. Colour variations, which could have been noticed and complained about before mounting of the structure - after mounting this aspect shall not be covered by this warranty
8. Shade variations as compared to the samples used by the Customer according to the RAL palette
9. Continuous exposure of powder- coated surfaces to temperatures in excess of 70° C
10. Exposure of compound profiles to temperatures in excess of 200° C
11. Continuous immersion in water
12. Damage caused as a consequence of contact with materials producing galvanic vapours (certain metals, e.g. copper, lead) or acids (certain species of wood, e.g. oak, walnut tree).
6. Principles of transportation, storage and assembly of powder-coated and anodised elements
1. Powder-coated profiles and products made from such profiles can be used in normal weather conditions (providing they are not exposed to aggressive liquids, gases or particles). In cases where paint-coated constructions are mounted close to the sea coast (in the distance less than 10 km), in rural surroundings, in the environment exposed to industrial emissions, chemical substances or vapour (swimming pools, laboratories, etc.), special rules are applicable with regard to the process of coating itself or the thickness of the layer.
2. The place of final acceptance of architectural powder- or oxide-coated elements is the building site and for that reason a particular care is required in order not to damage the coating during transportation from the paint shop and storage place as well as during the assembly.
3. Profiles must be stored in dry and clean rooms, free of any chemically active vapours and gases.
4. Profiles should be transported in covered, dry and clean means of transport, equipped with pneumatic suspension. For the period of transportation the profiles should be protected against any damage and harmful effects of weather conditions. Shipping units should be close-packed on a means of transport and protected against any possible movement. The cargo should be strapped in a manner precluding any damage of profiles.
5. Powder coatings is not resistant to mechanical damage caused by sharp objects and abrasives.
6. Powder coating is sensitive to, inter alia, organic diluents, concentrated alcohol, acids, bases and petroleum derivatives. Therefore any contact of the coating with the substances mentioned above is forbidden.
Particular care should be taken to protect coatings against coming into contact with lime, cement and other alkaline building materials.
7. In order to avoid any defects of the applied coating it is essential that details should be properly packed as well as secured during transportation. Storage in unsuitable conditions may lead to vapour condensation between the layer of the coat and wrapping, which, in turn may result in occurrence of white milk-like stains on the coating.
8. Sealants applied to seal joints as well as other auxiliary materials, such as caulks and glazier’s putties, lubricants and coolants applied in cutting and drilling, adhesives, sealing compounds, putties, adhesive tapes, etc., which come into contact with coated surfaces, must be pH-neutral and must not contain any substances damaging the applied coating or oxide layer. Exposure to the sun enhances aggressive effect of chemicals. That is why, prior to their use, the materials mentioned above must undergo suitability testing, applicable for a particular coating.
9. Leaving wrapping protecting powder-coated profiles during transportation, especially when exposed to the sun and when the ambient temperature is high may trigger chemical reactions, which will in turn lead to binding the wrapping with powder coating. The result of this reaction is such that it is impossible to remove the wrapping without damaging powder coating. Protective wrapping must be removed from profiles immediately after their delivery.
10. Leaving tapes protecting powder-coated profiles during transportation, especially when exposed to the sun and when the ambient temperature is high may trigger chemical reactions, which will in turn lead to binding the tape with powder coating. Protective tapes must be removed from profiles immediately after completing the assembly.
7. Maintenance principles
Coating defects are often caused by cleaning, that is why the rules described below should be followed:
1. Cleaning should be performed at least twice a year. The fact of cleaning must be duly documented in a report.
2. Only clean water should be used for cleaning. Cleaning may become more effective when a soft cloth not scratching the surface is applied to wipe a decorative surface.
3. While cleaning, the temperature of coatings must not exceed 25oC.
4. The temperature of water used for cleaning must not be higher than 25oC. Cleaning surfaces with a steam jet is forbidden.
5. Before starting cleaning, check the effect of agents used for that purpose. The test should be carried out on the surfaces which are not seen. If undesired effects appear, do not use the cleaner being tested.
6. Strong acid or strong alkaline cleaning agents must not be used (including the ones containing detergents). Surface-active agents, which may react with aluminium, must not be used, either.
7. Do not use any abrasive cleaners and do not clean the surface by rubbing. Soft cotton cloths intended for industrial cleaning are allowed. While cleaning with a wiping cloth, do not apply too much pressure to the surface being cleaned.
8. Do not use any organic solvents containing esters, ketones, alcohols, aromatic compounds, glycol esters, chlorinated hydrocarbons, etc.
9. Do not use any detergents of unknown origin.
10. Maximum reaction time of a cleaning agent must not exceed one hour. If necessary, the cleaning process may be repeated after 24 hours.
11. After each cleaning, the surface must be immediately rinsed with cold water.
12. Do not use salt or chemical substances used to remove icing near profiles.
CARLOW COATINGS LTD. Company warrants that in all cases when the complaint has been admitted, the warranty settlement to be chosen will be financially most convenient for both parties.
CARLOW COATINGS LTD.is a holder of a product liability insurance. Details can be supplied on request.
9. Final provisions
1. The warranty service includes only the defects caused by reasons inherent in the powder coated elements.
2. The warrantor shall not be held responsible hereunder should it transpire that the identified defects were caused by reasons other than the ones inherent in the sold product.
3. Provisions of the Civil Code shall be applicable in matters not governed by the foregoing warranty terms and conditions.